We hope that you and your family have been doing well and in good health, during this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. While we resume our operations and many things have changed around us, our commitment to your oral health and to your safety and well-being, still remains the same. Infection control has always been our top priority at Smile Station. Our infection control procedures ensures that the oral care that you receive is both safe and comfortable.
Smile Station follows the infection control recommendations and guidelines set forth by the Dental Council of India (DCI), Karnataka State Dental Council (KSDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Department of Health and Family Welfare to insure the highest level of safety for our patrons, staff and dental care providers.
Based on these recommendations, you will notice some of the following changes:
- Video consultations with the care providers, directly. This eliminates the need to visit us for consultations/checkups and second opinions. Fill in this form and we will get back to you for scheduling your video consultation at the earliest.
- Appointments will be scheduled based on social distancing where possible. This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to accommodate you in a timely fashion.
- The number of chairs in the waiting room will be restricted to allow for social distancing. We are trying our level best to have no waiting time at all.
- In an effort to maintain social distancing between patrons and provide the highest standards of infection control, we may not be able to accommodate you if you are late.
- Please come to your appointment alone. One escort/guardian will be permitted for minors or those with special healthcare needs.
- Please do not bring in extra items (backpacks, food/drink, etc.) to minimize items coming in and out of the facility.
- Thermal screening will be done before entering the clinic. We will have to reschedule your appointment for readings of 100.4 degrees or more.
- A hand sanitiser is provided to use when you enter and exit our facility. We recommend a ‘no touch’ protocol when you visit us.
- Head cap ,gloves, mask and shoe covers will be provided for everyone entering the clinic.
- Prior to the treatment, you will be advised to rinse with a mouth rinse that we will provide.
- Providers will be wearing additional personal protective equipment for many procedures; this may include special masks and face shields.
- Proton emitting canons are installed in common areas and the treatment areas. They form proton clouds that continuously deactivates 99.994% of harmful coronaviruses in the air and on the surfaces, leaving them sterile and safe to occupy and use. For compliance related details, visit https://www.scaleneshycocan.org/compliances.html
- UV disinfection of the rooms are done along with periodic disinfection of the common areas to ensure that even the most hard to reach areas are free from bacteria, viruses, fungi & spores.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patron safe here at Smile Station. For our existing patrons, we thank you for your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.