Teenage is all about the change in children. Their voices change, the way they dress up and the places they go to! Looks play a very important role in teenage years. With teens trying to make an impression, build a rapport with peers, there’s a lifestyle shift that happens. It is not surprising that with looks comes the way they dress, what they wear. When it comes to the face, putting on their best smile is very important. Braces are often the treatment sought to take care of teeth. The growing and maturing of teeth during teenage years can misshape them and treatment is required before the adult teeth become fixed and shape the mouth.
Invisalign is an increasingly popular treatment for teens seeking to improve their dental health. As an alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign makes it easy to achieve the desired smile. Using a transparent plastic tray and specially designed aligners, teens are able to see gradual progress without being bogged down by the metal and wires associated with braces. In addition to increased aesthetic appeal, Invisalign also offers several long-term health benefits.
The Advantages of Invisalign Over Braces
Invisalign has several advantages that make it a better option over traditional metal braces.
- For example, teens using Invisalign will experience much less discomfort than those who wear metal braces. This is due to the fact that the aligner trays are made of soft plastics that are much easier on the gums and cheeks than metal brackets and wires.
- Additionally, as the aligner is removable, teens don’t have to worry about food getting stuck in metal brackets and wires.
- Invisalign also offers more flexibility than traditional braces. Teens can remove the aligners when they need to, such as for special occasions or sports activities. This allows them to maintain their normal lifestyle without having to worry about the restrictions of metal braces.
- Furthermore, Invisalign is much less noticeable than metal braces, making it a great option for teens who are self-conscious about their appearance.
Improved Oral Health with Invisalign
In addition to being more comfortable than metal braces, Invisalign also has a positive impact on teen’s oral health.
- It helps to realign teeth and improve bite alignment, thus creating an even pressure distribution across all teeth.
- Invisalign also encourages teens to keep their mouths clean and maintains good oral hygiene as the trays are removable, making brushing and flossing easier and more effective when compared to metal braces.
- The treatment also helps to reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease, as it is easier to clean around the teeth and gums.
- The trays are also designed to be worn for a certain amount of time each day, which helps to ensure that the teeth are being properly cared for and that the treatment is progressing as planned.
Aesthetic Benefits of Invisalign for Teens
One of the primary benefits of Invisalign is its attractive aesthetic. As the aligners are made of transparent plastic, they won’t be noticeable when looking at teeth, which is a major advantage over traditional metal braces. This allows teens to feel confident during the course of treatment and prevents them from having to hide their smile in social situations.
The right age to get Invisalign for your teen is around 11 to 13 years. Teeth straightening with orthodontic treatment at this age is easier to do in order to reverse any structural progress of teeth alignment that may have happened.
Such treatment has significant benefits;
- Greater confidence in smiling
- Improved facial aesthetics
- Less chance of damage to prominent or misaligned teeth
- A better bite for chewing and eating
- Easier oral hygiene
In addition to being virtually invisible, Invisalign aligners just make the life of a teen a whole lot easier. Wouldn’t you want your child to have that, given all the other kinds of stress they experience?
If you’re keen to get this done for your teen, visit our website ‘centerforinvisalign.in and book an appointment with us by calling +91 8908585 089